5D MkII

I have the sneaking suspicion that the 16-35-L will look quite close to the way your 10-22 looks on the 7D, only with better image quality on the 5D-II...

I have a sneaking suspicion you may feel stronger about it than that. :mrgreen:

Then I will have a problem. I was sort of hoping this would not be true. I have grown fond of the 10-22 in a short time. I most likely will be keeping the better of the two lens. I know it sounds crazy saying this when comparing the two lenses, but...

Well since the 5D is FF you'll get the same range as the 10-22mm on a 1.6x crop but, as Derrel said, better quality.

So, the question is.. if you keep the 16-35 and sell the 10-22 then you can't shoot that wide on the 7D backup body but you'll be able to shoot that wide on the FF. If you keep the 10-22 then you'll be able to shoot that wide on the 7D but your primary body will not be able to (since the 10-22mm won't work on it).

Personally, I would keep the 16-35/2.8L so I could shoot wide on my amazingly amazing FF body, rather than having to use the 7D body when you want to shoot wide. I understand this means you won't sell it to me :p but my intentions are to help rather than be greedy!

Andrej
You how during a lifetime one develops a feeling for say; that dirty ole hat, or a knife sharpened too many times, or a book with bent pages, painting that has been dropped, car that is so old, etc... even though it may not be the fanciest or most expensive...but has become a part of who one is?

Well, in a short amount of time, the 10-22 has brought me joy in my photography, and photography is my escape. So, I may or may not keep that 16-35...we shall see soon enough.

Hey, as long as you know that you can't use the 10-22mm on the 5Dii and you understand the limitation that puts on you as far as shooting that wide with your FF body then more power to ya man, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you'd have to lugg around the 7D for when you want to take a wide shot :p I guess being so new to photography I tend to try and streamline everything so I can get the most by carrying around the least (i mean, it gets pretty damn heavy no? :p)

Once I do eventually purchase a new (FF) body I have every intention of holding on to the 10-22mm for my 50D to use with my Tamron 18-270mm while I give the Lseries to the 5D.

So.. I guess I'm saying.. keep both :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back