5D vs T1i low light comparison

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are both taken at the same distance with 50mm f/1.4 @ f/2.8 1/60sec ISO800. It is a classic 5D but im loving it! Both were taken with light bulb WB. I will try on other subject tomorrow.. maybe more colorful subject and higher ISO.

T1i
_MG_9778-2.jpg

_MG_9778.jpg

5D
_MG_1955-2.jpg

_MG_1955.jpg

Last edited:
Im going to do another test.. i see miss focus a little

lol after buying is 5D he went broke and can only afford to take pics of $1 bill :p

Hmmm.. how come its not that much different? Im surprised LOL. But when I took photos on ducks with t1i with ISO100, i had noise at 100% crop but no noise with 5D.

Last edited:
You can still see noise on the T1i, especially around "America" on the bill. And the 5D has a much better WB setting (even though it still looks to be off haha. But that's not what the topic is).

interesting
wish I still had a magazine I had read this summer which compared them both (CANON 5D & CANON 500D) and basically said that the only differences are
frames per sec on video mode , shots per sec on continues shooting, and cost . on all tree the the 5D had higher values, and it also said that they both use the same sensors and technology.

that was also the reason I bough the 500D (T1i) as I am not into shooting video and don't mind if loose 5 frames in second in continuous shooting

5D is as slow as 500. You have to get a 1Ds if you want high fps. I will shoot some ISO100 photo.

interesting
wish I still had a magazine I had read this summer which compared them both (CANON 5D & CANON 500D) and basically said that the only differences are
frames per sec on video mode , shots per sec on continues shooting, and cost . on all tree the the 5D had higher values, and it also said that they both use the same sensors and technology.

that was also the reason I bough the 500D (T1i) as I am not into shooting video and don't mind if loose 5 frames in second in continuous shooting

Either the magazine you read was full of misinformation or you misunderstood. The 5D and 500D does NOT have the same sensor at all. Cropped sensor vs FF and the 5D shoots at 3 shots per sec not 5.
I own both a T1i and 5D 2 and believe me you can tell differences

interesting

Either the magazine you read was full of misinformation or you misunderstood. The 5D and 500D does NOT have the same sensor at all. Cropped sensor vs FF and the 5D shoots at 3 shots per sec not 5.
I own both a T1i and 5D 2 and believe me you can tell differences

I believe you,
but will still try to find the article comparing them, and post here just to see it :D

just made photo here as the above

canon T1i
50mm f/2.5 1/60sec ISO800 built cam flash
IMG_8732.jpg

IMG_873211.jpg

Last edited:
Are you guys trying to iron the money??:er:

These two are clearly "money launderers"!

I love the science underlying these two comparisons. So scientific and controlled.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back