650 on a fisheye!

I have a canon 30D & i'm trying to figure out what to buy for the fisheye effect. I'm just a hobbiest so I don't need really nice quality, but i don't want to buy something that is really bad.

mostly i want to curved effect for cute dog pictures & other fun things.

any advice?

Well, UWAs such at the 10-20 or 10-22 will give some pronounced effect. If you want it very apparent with the wider aov then thats where you go fisheye. The peleng 8mm is ~300 and theres the Zenitar or something. I cant comment on them but I do believe the peleng is manual focus only.

Do not make the mistake of confusing a wide angle compared to a fisheye which has that massive roundness of distortion that makes them look cool.

Honestly, a fisheye has a nice appeal for about 50 pictures then gets old. I'd much rather get (and have, in fact) a nice wide angle. I have the Sigma 10-20 and am very happy with it.

It is not a very fast lens, but the results I get with it always impress me:

2334995941_82b154a61e.jpg

934994494_a971b19b7c.jpg

i like that first image you posted there jerry.

Thanks... I get lucky once or twice a year... lol

But the point was that wide angle (or what they call the ultra-wide angle like the Sigma 10-20 is called), is a much more useful lens than a fisheye on a daily basis.

I can look at 1500 wide angle pics and not get tired. Look at a 100 fisheye shots and tell me that your interest level doesn't drop drastically after the first 20 or so. ;)

yes, that is the conclusion i came to. a fisheye would be fun, but since there isn't a cheap option i will not be getting one. i'd rather put the money into a lens i can get a lot of use out of.

Pretty much the same. I got to go check out the 10-17 and an 11-16 at a local shop yesterday. The 11-16 is plenty wide and the curvature of the fisheye will get annoying.
Cant wait to get mine.

Just wondering but what do people think of the sigma 15mm fisheye? Am I right in assuming that it wouldn't get cropped or anything by my Canon Rebel? It sounds amazing for the relatively cheap price but I hope I won't be disappointed.

Most reactions

Back