666 posts club: Oriecat joins ranks!

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ah the 666th post, only eight others have done this before me but soon Twistmyarm and Oriecat with join the ranks. This is quite a special milestone!

:fangs: :greendev: :headbang: :badangel:

Quick history of 666:

Rev. 13:18
This calls for wisdom: let anyone with understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a person. Its number is 666.

Having a minor in Religion, i thought I would explain one academic's view of 666 (certainly not the only)

It is believed that the number was in fact a reference to Nero caesar because the hebraic and greek (or it could be aramaic) spelling of the famous christian killer was indeed 666. This is from the of course, the New Testament book of Revelations, which is some believe now to be the oldest book of the New Testament by most scholars. There is internal evidence to point that the book was written shortly after the death of Nero (around the time 67 AD).

There were a few written manuscripts from of the book of Revelation one which said the number '666' but one which recorded the the number '616'. The later is thought to a misprint by several scholars, as that text (if i remember correctly) is from a younger manuscript.

Another interesting side note about Revelation is that it was written by someone whose Greek was quite poor as it contains a myriad of grammatical errors and mispellings. Probably someone who had Greek as a second language.

The numeral 6 had various numeric and symbolic meanings to both the semites and greeks which are too numerous to list here.

And of course this there is alot more to this my silly little discourse than explained here.

The fun bit about the whole triple 6 deal is that its been applied to so many historical figures and even current figures: The Pope, Martin Luther, Gorbachev even Billy Gates (if you take the numerical ASCII equivalent to his full name)!

(hides the fact that that his own full name is a variation of 666 :fangs: )

see, im not "religious" but that kind of history is awesome!! i really want to go see that mel flick with jim caviezal...the passion of the christ?

thanks mark!!

md

Maybe this should be my new avatar...

Congrats, that's quite an accomplishment. And thanks for the 666 lesson.

Once had a car with 666 in the number plate. Was too ignorant or stupid to think anythig of it at the time. Ended up crashing the bloody thing and nearly killing me in the process. Needless to say, i have been quite wary about these things ever since. "Just because you may not believe in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist." (Darfion 2004)

In replying to this thread, I'm posting my own 100th post, saying CONGRATULATIONS on the 666th post, Mark, which by now is far in the past... I know.

Something's happening to your avatar all the time, am I right or am I right? Cool shirt Kiwi's wearing right now. Are you trying to make us jealous of the summer weather you're having right now?

We'll get back to you, I promise :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . Just you wait for July! :lol: :D :lol:

congrats on your 100th, laphoto! :)

yeah, in a couple months that kiwi will sport an umbrella, woolly cap, scarf and gum boots. :(

Oriecat joins the exclusive 666 post club! welcome aboard Oriecat! :D

:badangel:

next people to join are pretty fairly far down Motcon, Darfion and Metroshane....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back