What's new

7 cities

joaopsr

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 10, 2012
Messages
75
Reaction score
21
Location
Coimbra, Portugal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"Lagoa das 7 cidades" (eng: "seven cities lagoon") is located in S. Miguel island in the Azores.
It's located half-way across the Atlantic heading from America to Europe, and it's part of Portugal's territory.
The island is filled with stunning landscapes, and several lagoons. Most of them are the craters of extinct vulcanoes.

7007450682_3c592f603e_b.jpg
 
Pretty area; my grandfather did government contract work in the 40s and 50s and was stationed in the Azores for several years. I have all of his old slides and photos of the area. One of the items on my bucket list is to one day visit the Azores (and Panama as well, where he was stationed for many years) and visit some of the places in his photos.

Now I need to go look through and see if he had any photos of this lagoon.
 
sm4him, the Azores is a "must-see". Definitively. Better yet if you have a personal reason to go there.
I've got a lot more shots from there, from a 4 day trip I made there. Feel free to check it out at my FB Fanpage, on the album "Landscape & Seascape".
I'll try to post a couple more around here, too.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom