What's new

70-200: The bokeh test

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
6,844
Reaction score
996
Location
Tampa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took the new lens out in the back yard and played with it for a little while. BS pics to see some bokeh. I've shot so much with and been so addicted to the 24-70 it was hard getting used to the zoom.

20110930-DSC_7376.jpg


20110930-DSC_7391.jpg


20110930-DSC_7406.jpg




And then I walked over to the neighbors house on the other side of our lake and shot her "wild bird"
cheers.gif


20110930-DSC_7389.jpg
 
I see shallow depth-of-field shots. Where are the Circle-of-Confusion (bokeh) test shots.
 
I see shallow depth-of-field shots. Where are the Circle-of-Confusion (bokeh) test shots.

yea re3al shallow depth of field, i was just walking around pointing at stuff (as in BS shots). You're right - I'll break out the depth of field calculator and narrow a few down to the bokeh on a more realistic approach.
 
I see shallow depth-of-field shots. Where are the Circle-of-Confusion (bokeh) test shots.

yea re3al shallow depth of field, i was just walking around pointing at stuff (as in BS shots). You're right - I'll break out the depth of field
calculator and narrow a few down to the bokeh on a more realistic approach.

Photographers don't go round pointing at stuff, take some proper photos
 
I see shallow depth-of-field shots. Where are the Circle-of-Confusion (bokeh) test shots.

yea re3al shallow depth of field, i was just walking around pointing at stuff (as in BS shots). You're right - I'll break out the depth of field
calculator and narrow a few down to the bokeh on a more realistic approach.

Photographers don't go round pointing at stuff, take some proper photos


I'm not a photographer, I'm a 47 yr old photonooB college student and hobbyist. Thanks for the tip, I'll take your advice.
 
yea re3al shallow depth of field, i was just walking around pointing at stuff (as in BS shots). You're right - I'll break out the depth of field
calculator and narrow a few down to the bokeh on a more realistic approach.

Photographers don't go round pointing at stuff, take some proper photos


I'm not a photographer, I'm a 47 yr old photonooB college student and hobbyist. Thanks for the tip, I'll take your advice.


Gary's football team must have lost a big game this week or something. He's usually very direct, blunt even, but he's also usually helpful or, at the very least, not incorrect with his assertions. For some reason he’s been unusually belligerent recently.
 
He's right though. I can't even figure out how to match my speed light gels to ambient yet. So I set the lights up and shot a whole bunch of pics of the same "shoot at nothing" such as below.

When I learn a little I'll quit "pointing at stuff
bigthumb.gif


319678_2164259540656_1071635590_2397055_141604331_n.jpg
 
Oncein a while I manage to find something to shoot at

20110909-20110909-DSC_0426.jpg
 
too bad you couldn't have pointed your lens at that stork with a better background, wow for a outstanding shot of the big bird :)
 
Photographers don't go round pointing at stuff, take some proper photos

Slightly harsh Gary, that's exactly what we all do, just that some of us like you and me make our living doing it! :lmao:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom