Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 NON OS

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 OS

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 NON VC

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
I Thinking Hard About Getting a f/4 and a 430exii Them Canon instant Rebates End on the 10th and they Will run me a Total: $ 876.50 @ BH with 2 day shipping

Sounds good to me.

I have the sigma and I love it. For the price, it has been a great lens. I picked it up for $575 (used once indoors, the guy bought both the canon and the sigma, compared the two and liked the canon slightly better). My experience is that with the 2.8 you can often shoot with a fast enough shutter speed to compensate for the IS. And with a tripod I get great pictures.

I'm so sick of gear threads... meanwhile photo threads disappear from page 1 in a day...

But you'll probably get more usable shots from the f/4 with IS. The stabilization is really great on Canon's L lenses from what I've heard. f/4 is also a pretty big aperture for those focal lengths, so you'll still get really shallow DOF if you desire.

At The Moment I'm considering spending A Bit More towards the 2.8L IS but if i Buy F4 IS i save $769 which can buy me a 580exii AND a 430exii with stofens lol
I need to Decide this TODAY :(

I think the only way you are ever going to decide is if you get one of these, write down all of the stuff you want in each segment, and just buy whatever it lands on.

Can we trust you not to cheat and spin it twice?

I just realized that thing costs $300. Make sure you factor that into your budget. :lmao:

So it's either f/2.8 IS or f/4 IS + 2 flashes?

I would probably go for the f/4 IS & flashes. 2.8 would be nice though....... :lol:

Last edited:
Chet! 'Bill Me Later' Denied Me cuz of 'unable to confirm info' after i clacked PAY for the 2.8L IS & 580EXii :(
I think i'll buy the Lens and charge the strobe to my Credit Card :(

I shot both the f/4 (canon) and the sigma 2.8 simultaneously and I can honestly say that I liked the canon pictures better. They were very sharp!! However, the sigma pictures were very comparable to the canon. In my opinion, the sigma is cheaper and more practical.

I will reiterate what I said on the first page.

I would take the F4 out of your list right now. I bought the F4 and its for sale after a month and I bought the 2.8 which is worlds better. I would say if you have the extra money then buy the 2.8 IS, but its almost 2x as much as the non IS. I am happy with the 2.8 non IS right now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back