70-210 f/4 EF

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just scooped one up off eBay for $100. Can't beat that for a decent zoom - wondering if its really "l series quality"? I've heard good things regardless, but I like the opinions I get here best :)

If you do not have a telephoto zoom lens now, for $100 it is not bad at all. Although I think the EF-S 55-250mm maybe slightly better at the long end (based on reviews) but it cost a little more.

I had the 70-210mm f/4 back in 2008 when I got my first DSLR (also in 2008). And this is one of the photo I took with it.

1/400, f/5.6 at 210mm with ISO 400 on EOS XTi body.
2998636475_096a549319_o.jpg

This lens use push/pull method for the zoom instead of the 2 rings setup. Some people do not like push/pull type zoom but I am not against it. In fact zooming and manual focusing can happen at the same time.

Thanks, Dao. My longest FL currently is 105 (18-105, another "antique") so having double that will be really nice!

That photo, given the set up especially, is really nice! The settings appear do be something I'd shoot around in that kind of light - exciting!

The push/pull concept is new to me, though I'm glad I found out before the lens arrived while I was reading last night. I'm excited to try it out :)

I have one that I picked up for $27 in New Zealand.

Its not a bad lens, I dont think its quite "L" quality but certainly much better than some of the current cheap zooms about.

Mine is now redundant as I have just last week brought a Canon EF 70-200 2.8L and it smashes the old 70-210 to bits.

When shot at f/7.1 to f/9, every Canon lens is L-series quality.

Most reactions

Back