74% Full Moon from Tonight (April 14/15)

That is just amazing!!!

74% Full Moon

:confused:

Very nice shot, but I think you can call it a three-quarter moon just like everyone else. 74%.....jeez

Thanks for the compliments, folks!

Other photos on your website are also amazing.. :hail:

Thanks. :)

I have one question for you.. I haven't seen any telescope till now.. But, is it possible to somehow attach a DSLR to a telescope and take pictures?
What I actually mean to say is: Can I just visit an observatory and attach my DSLR to their telescope and take pictures?

Only if you make arrangements before-hand. Speaking as someone who runs public open houses at that observatory, it's a bad idea to go up and ask to take up time on the telescope to figure out how to hook up your camera. That being said, a good idea would be to try to contact an amateur astronomy group in your area and see what kinds of meetings they have, if it's at telescopes, etc., and that would be a much better avenue.

This photo had me thinking "how in the heck?"
Now that I see how you did it, awesome work man. Then you look at the number of craters on the moon and can't help but think "thank the heavens for our atmosphere!"

Speaking as someone who studies craters ... it's not our atmosphere. Any impactor that wouldn't make it through the atmosphere would not produce a visible crater on the moon at the resolution you can take from Earth. Earth has experienced as much - if not more - impacts than the moon (of large size). It's due to plate tectonics, the recycling of Earth's crust, and erosion that we don't see them. I believe there are about 130 recognized craters on Earth.

Very nice shot, but I think you can call it a three-quarter moon just like everyone else. 74%.....jeez

Didn't even cross my mind to call it 3/4 moon. :wink:

Most reactions

Back