7D, 24-105, 70-200 2.8 IS II, 430EX II, BlackRapid RS4, 7 Million Dollar Home!!

DerekSalem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good afternoon TPF!

For sale are a few things. Everything is in *flawless* condition. I keep meticulous care of everything I own, and it shows. I have the boxes for a few things, but exactly which I'm not 100% (I keep boxes and things at my parents' house since they have a huge basement and mine is disgusting). So, please read and let me know what you think! Prices are negotiable, but not much. As I've said, everything is in *flawless* condition -- And I'm not really hurting for money. Reason why I'm getting rid of this stuff? I've realized over the past few months that aside from a trip to Haiti I haven't used any of this equipment in probably a year and change. With that said, enjoy the list!

--Note, all prices have been selected from a conglomeration of sources. Mostly Amazon and eBay used sales. This isn't necessarily the cheapest price on those sites, but it's what the pieces usually sell for. In addition, the price of shipping has been added to the below prices, so the price you see is the price you pay--

Canon 7D - $1000 - Nothing really needs to be said about this one...if you want information about the camera, check out the huge number of reviews around the website singing its praises. It's one of the best sports shooters in the industry under $3000 and a phenomenal crop-body. Purchased brand new in the summer of 2010 from Dodd Camera in Middleburg, OH. Good chance I also still have the box for this one (along with the receipt, if I do). Comes with all the original pieces! I'd guess it's had around 3,000 shutter actuations...which isn't bad since the shutter is rated for 150,000 actuations.

Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS - $850 - This one I purchased from eBay in early summer of 2011 (around April) from a user that guaranteed it was in perfect shape. He was correct! The lens was, and still in, in flawless condition. I've kept a UV filter on it for pretty much its entire life (anytime it was out of the house, of course). It doesn't come with the UV filter, since I've already given it away to my dad (he needed one and I knew I was going to sell it anyway). The lens works great for the times you need a good mix of wide and long. The IQ is some of the better I've seen from these lenses, so you can be sure you're getting a good one!

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II - $1900 - Arguably the best lens I have *EVER* used. The IQ from this thing is incredible, the range is ideal for sports shooting and various other uses, the image stabilization is the best I've ever used (an easy 3 stops and closer to 4). I've taken shots at 1/5 with this beast while standing in a busy room...with no movement blur at all all even at 1:1. I bought this brand new from Amazon at around the same time as the 24-105. I've owned a few 70-200s and this one blows all of the rest out of the water. Fairly certain I have the original box with this one, and included in the sale is the original hood and "carry bag". Again, flawless condition. The price is marginally lower than most places (where, used, it goes for $2000 or more), but there are a small number of them that are lower-priced, which produces the $1900 I'm asking.

Canon 430EX II - $220 - One of the 2 main Canon flashes. This one comes with the wireless abilities and works wonderfully. Comes with all of the original parts (carry case, manual, stand) and, again, is in perfect condition. It's flashed approximately 75-80 times and has never had a problem doing so.

BlackRapid RS-4 and two FastenR-3s - $55 - *EASILY* the best camera strap setup on the planet. I've used this thing since it was released and it is perfect for carrying a camera. It works much like a military gun strap -- The strap stays put on your shoulders but lets the camera slide around, as needed. It can also be locked so the camera doesn't swing at all. This combination lets you keep the camera at your side, swing it up to your face, and drop it back down to the original spot...all without the strap moving around on you. It comes with 2 FastenR-3s, which are the pieces that you screw into the camera or lens to hold it all securely. Currently, I have one screwed into the camera and one into the tripod mount on the lens.

Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home in Brown and Orange - $100 - Again, one of the best bags I've ever seen or used. This thing fits *all* of the above gear and more, comfortably. It also keeps it all safe. Fantastic bag.

SanDisk 16GB 60MB/s UDMA - $45 - Just purchased this one a few months ago for my trip to Haiti. Used it for the trip and it worked perfectly. Full-speed shooting (8fps), this card handles it perfectly well. Does the same with full HD video. No need to explain beyond that.

SanDisk 8GB 30MB/s - $22 (or free with the 7D) - Basically the same as above with less capacity and slightly less speed (works great for speed shots for a few seconds anyway).

So that's it! As I've said, prices are negotiable...but not much. I'm in no rush for cash and I know what all of these things are worth. The prices listed include shipping, so that's why they may be a few bucks more than you could get them in certain other places. Let me know if you have any questions!

um...you cant post things for sale here...you have more than a single digit post count. you don't qualify. :lol:

lol I should have made an alternate account! I've been here for years and I don't plan on leaving...just clearing out things that I no-longer make use of. Figure even if I don't use them someone else can!

Aside from paying off a bit more of the car I'll probably end up picking up a smaller camera sometime just to carry around at all times.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back