8.9 Quake Slams Japan, Hundreds Dead

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amusingscribe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm watching the devastation on CNN's web site...it was a huge quake, and the tsunami afterward caused horrible damage.

My heart and best wishes go out to all of them. One after the other. Even the aftershocks were bigger than some earthquakes :(

OMG! I need to get a hold of some people... RIGHT. NOW. :( I have no idea *where* in Japan they live, but Keith and I have friends that moved over there..... :(

Is it true that CNN News Anchors were giggling and making Godzilla jokes?

Didn't see any giggling. Did hear some rather crass remarks though. Not very impressed with some of the reactions.

Twitter: Read short, to the point messages from your favorite sources. (Or spread inaccurate information faster than ever before) #FOXNEWS.

Poor Japan... I hope your friends are okay Em... :(

A number of places in Japan are disrupted.
My brother in Tokyo says that there are planed blackouts.
He is concerned also that another big quake could occur within the next couple of days (triggered by the last two).

Seems a volcano has erupted, likely because of the earthquakes. Nuke plants could melt down. Won't be anything like in Russia, but still a very bad thing.

Yeah, entire town got wiped out and half of the residents are missing.

Some things that amazes me.
1. The damage are mostly caused by the tsunami, not the earthquake. Even the nuclear plant which was built to withstand 7.9 magnitude quake, survived the 9.0 but was crippled by the later tsunami. Goes to show how advanced the architecture code in Japan is.
2. Extremely high level of social order. People are queuing up to buy food and bicycles off the stores. If this is else where, there will be looting instead.

No doubt that Japan will recover from this, and they will become even stronger.

This whole event is so devastating. I know my friends that live there are ok, thankfully but my heart goes out the many others who are suffering. I hope your friends are ok Em.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back