80MP can you imagine....

It sort of blows my mind that so many ultra-high-resolution cameras/backs even exist! Who buys these things???

Don't get me wrong... they're extremely cool... but, seriously, who can afford these cameras? And where are the larger-than-life, worth-every-penny photographs that these things take? I mean, really... $40,000 for a Seitz 6x17/D3 setup? There must be some seriously wealthy photographers out there to keep these guys in business.

Actually there is a logic to it. As a pro photographer do you buy a new camera every 2 to 3 years which is average or buy a super camera at $20,000 to $50,000 which will last a number of years and allow you to get jobs because of the quality of the camera you are using. Some pros can pay off the camera with 3 jobs and make it a business expense and tax write-off as well.

skieur

Again if I may...Many of the pros that use thing like these rent the equipment and only pay like a grand in rentals fees. or so..... they pay for them selves.

It sort of blows my mind that so many ultra-high-resolution cameras/backs even exist! Who buys these things???

Don't get me wrong... they're extremely cool... but, seriously, who can afford these cameras? And where are the larger-than-life, worth-every-penny photographs that these things take? I mean, really... $40,000 for a Seitz 6x17/D3 setup? There must be some seriously wealthy photographers out there to keep these guys in business.

Actually there is a logic to it. As a pro photographer do you buy a new camera every 2 to 3 years which is average or buy a super camera at $20,000 to $50,000 which will last a number of years and allow you to get jobs because of the quality of the camera you are using. Some pros can pay off the camera with 3 jobs and make it a business expense and tax write-off as well.

skieur

Again if I may...Many of the pros that use thing like these rent the equipment and only pay like a grand in rentals fees. or so..... they pay for them selves.

So true!

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back