8mm to digital using smartphone

dennisofnewport

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am transferring 8mm to digital using my Galaxy A10. Can anyone tell me the best android software I could use. I would like to slow down the frame rate to 12/14fps and I am not clear if I should set the anti-banding to off. Any suggestion other then “you can't do it” would be greatly appreciated.

Should it prove to not be an option to slow the framerate of the smartphone, could you increase the framerate of the 8mm projector? If that isn't an option, could you simply capture it at a much higher frame rate and adjust accordingly with software after it's captured?

I'm not sure that you'll be able to do the entire editing process on a phone. I expect that even if the phone is the capture device, you'll still need to do some editing on a computer to ensure the video playback speed matches the original capture speed.

I am capturing the transfer on an MP4 file so I can use almost any software to edit the file. One of the advantage is when the projector acts up and I need to stop it for a minute or two I just leave the camera running and edit it out later. Right now I have found my old Galaxy S5 with its stock camera shows only a slight flicker., handles the drastic brightness change well enough. My hope is to send the film files to family located all across the county thru Drop Box. Right Now I would say I am 90% there. If you are interested in any up dates I will be happy to keep you informed. There are six reels in total. I have built a transfer box using a six inch mirror. Looks like a youtube video to me.

Most reactions

Back