9/11

I was told the other day I needed a permit to shoot photos. I was in a public park that happened to have a bridge that you can walk right under. So they banned cameras and even cell phone cameras from that park. I missed the sign lol. But the problem is that you can't take photos of bridges from under or very close. How close is too close? They don't say. I guess it depends on the cop. I also was told to delete everything I took but the officer did not seem to want to enforce the delete part so I just went on my way. A argument with the officer will only get you trouble and with high dollar gear on me im not gonna fight the power.

He told you to delete them? I read that as long as you are in a public setting, they can't tell you to delete photos. I forget the website I read that on. Actually, I think I got the link from here. But I admit I'm not knowledgeable about the legal aspects. I've done some basic research but it seems there's a lot of grey area to me.

I was told the other day I needed a permit to shoot photos. I was in a public park that happened to have a bridge that you can walk right under. So they banned cameras and even cell phone cameras from that park. I missed the sign lol. But the problem is that you can't take photos of bridges from under or very close. How close is too close? They don't say. I guess it depends on the cop. I also was told to delete everything I took but the officer did not seem to want to enforce the delete part so I just went on my way. A argument with the officer will only get you trouble and with high dollar gear on me im not gonna fight the power.

He told you to delete them? I read that as long as you are in a public setting, they can't tell you to delete photos. I forget the website I read that on. Actually, I think I got the link from here. But I admit I'm not knowledgeable about the legal aspects. I've done some basic research but it seems there's a lot of grey area to me.

Yeah he said I had to delete everything I took. I just said ok and walked away and he just took my word for it. I did not delete nothing. Hell to get into that park you have to pay the 5.50 toll for the bridge that you never cross. Now thats another NY rip off. :grumpy:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back