A 5D Mark II Sharpness example

wow. very sharp. thanks for the link

No lens data? 1/100th, f/11, ISO 100, 100mm

I just checked two of the canon/LaForet images and they did not have lens type either... pre-production units, perhaps this is one of the final things for canon to address.

-Shea

pretty sharp. if I were her, I'd be very flattered.

they said it was a Canon 100 f/2.8 macro. Exciting, because that's already in my bag.

Well it is more of a lens review than I was expecting, but since it is the 24-105 IS L that many will pair with their 5DmII's I still ate it up! Interesting that he kinda pitches the 40D's features over his old 5D.

BTW - The link to Z-ray lighting seems interesting... Thanks for the news bit.

-Shea

Well it is more of a lens review than I was expecting, but since it is the 24-105 IS L that many will pair with their 5DmII's I still ate it up! Interesting that he kinda pitches the 40D's features over his old 5D.

BTW - The link to Z-ray lighting seems interesting... Thanks for the news bit.

-Shea

Hey no problem. I have been following his blog since I saw him on photoshopusertv.com about a month ago and I just realized last weekend that he was from good old Cincinnati, just like me. I'm going to take his spring workshop. The Z-ray is pretty cool isn't it. I went to Target last night for something else and happened to find one of those lights he uses there so I bought it. Only $20 at Target!

... I am so, so jealous. I think that's the sharpest thing I've seen - well, ever. You can even see mascara flecks, haha.

Now, I'm still new to the photography game, so I have to ask: how do they get that so sharp? What is it about that lens and body combination (or individual components) makes it that hot?

Is this an L class lens ?

Most of the Canon prime lenses are sharper than a L series zoom lens of a similar focal length. The 100mm f/2.8 Macro is regarded as the sharpest lens currently produced by Canon.

Pulled the trigger yesterday! I needed a 24-105mm f/4 IS anyway, so why not 'save' a couple hundred. And it is hardly a kit Lens, so I got the package! This and pre-paying in full ($3,771.24 w/ Cali Tax) puts me on a slightly shorter waiting list.

I just copied that number from my billed account, so I'm experiencing a personal trade balance with Japan until I get that special phone call..

BTW - Some of the accessories prices have already dropped to more realistic prices, batteries $80, down from $100. Grips for $290. Wireless transmitter $950, down from $1,450..

I think I will add a grip & 2 extra batteries, IS, live view, video, long exposures, playback checks, focus checks, all eating that precious juice!

-Shea

Pulled the trigger yesterday! I needed a 24-105mm f/4 IS anyway, so why not 'save' a couple hundred. And it is hardly a kit Lens, so I got the package! This and pre-paying in full ($3,771.24 w/ Cali Tax) puts me on a slightly shorter waiting list.

I just copied that number from my billed account, so I'm experiencing a personal trade balance with Japan until I get that special phone call..

BTW - Some of the accessories prices have already dropped to more realistic prices, batteries $80, down from $100. Grips for $290. Wireless transmitter $950, down from $1,450..

I think I will add a grip & 2 extra batteries, IS, live view, video, long exposures, playback checks, focus checks, all eating that precious juice!

-Shea

Congratulations. Good to hear the grips have come down - that's a luxury I want pretty bad. The batteries being $80 is about what the XSi batteries go for nowadays...so they probably won't drop any more.

BTW, Good way to save some money... :D

sticking my nose in here just as an informational thing - I've started a wiki about the 5d and the mark ii - planet5d.com - there are lots and lots of still and video samples we've dug up there... and we're always looking for more so if you find one that isn't there, please let me know or add it yourself (since it is a wiki).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back