A ball or a 3-way?

Which are you saving up for? They go up to $400+... I think I'll look at the 488RC0 at my local shop before I decide what to do... that one seems like it's a strong model but still has a low end price.

For me, I'm just going to save up for the 468MGRC2 or whatever is similar in the Gitzo lineup. It is expensive but I really made alot of use of the tension control available on my Giottos. I can't see myself loosing that feature to get back into a quality Bogen. I purchased the Giottos for a fraction of the cost several years ago because of that feature... hoping to avoid the cost of Bogen/Gitzos. It worked fine.. until...

*) lock knob for rotation unscrewed all the way and was lost. replaced with a bolt from my parts bin
*) The metal connecting the head to the platform that meets the bottom of the camera snapped. I retapped the broken area and bolted a bogen quick release place right on.

So.. I'm back to saving for Bogen or a Gitzo. No hurry, the hack job I did on the Giottos seems to be holding just fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back