A Bird

leejt1986

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
img1960.gif

Yes..... it is. A very underexposed one. Whenever you are shooting at a small subject with a bright background, you need to remember to push the exposure since the meter is reading more of the scene than just the bird.

EDIT: Example....

This was shot against snow, but still the same principle. This was taken at +2/3 exposure compensation, otherwise the camera would've exposed the snow to gray, and the bird would have almost looked like a silhouette.

White-throatedsparrow.jpg

Last edited:

Yes..... it is. A very underexposed one. Whenever you are shooting at a small subject with a bright background, you need to remember to push the exposure since the meter is reading the whole scene.

Yeah, I noticed something was off with the photo after I shot it. Could it have to do with the lens I was using? I was using a EF Zoom 70-200 lens and shot it at ISO 1600.

Yes..... it is. A very underexposed one. Whenever you are shooting at a small subject with a bright background, you need to remember to push the exposure since the meter is reading the whole scene.

Yeah, I noticed something was off with the photo after I shot it. Could it have to do with the lens I was using? I was using a EF Zoom 70-200 lens and shot it at ISO 1600.

No, the problem is with the metering. Camera is telling you to close the aperature down because of all the background light. But you want to expose for your subject above. Spot metering and/or EV comp. as mentioned above will help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back