What's new

Off camera flash bird photography

40737019

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
1,346
Reaction score
1,142
Location
Sussex
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

As the UK has been under truly biblical amounts of rain since the new year, I had to resort to some non-standard techniques for small bird photography:

Robin_JBO2.webp


Put down a wee bit of feed / place the flash and wait........

The birds did not seem bothered at all and apart from blowing out the feed I quite like the result.

CHEERS
JBO
 
Interesting. During my hunting years I put out game cameras to monitor Deer movement. I noticed the flash didn't seem to bother them. I had one doe that seemed to enjoy posing, I'd end up with 20 to 30 portrait style poses every time she came by.
 
Last edited:
Interesting. During my hunting years I put out game cameras to monitor Deer movement. I noticed the flash didn't seem to bother them. I had one doe that seemed to enjoy posing, I'd end up with 20 to 30 portrait style poses other every time she came by.
I have seen dragonflies doing the same thing.

CHEERS
JBO
 
I have seen dragonflies doing the same thing.

CHEERS
JBO
I think it's because the flash is so fast, and there's no movement, or sound, they don't really register a threat.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom