A bit of selective colour

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After just spending 7 weeks in a cast with a broken wrist, and 3 metal pins holding one of my bones together I am now finally healed. Here is a shot I took of the metal pins that were removed from my arm a couple of days ago. I selectively desaturated most of the image, leaving the blood stains on the pins :confused: to draw the attention to them... let me know if you think it works in this case.

6879589696_47e5f6e415_z.jpg

Also, if you have a strong stomach and don't mind blood, then check out the video of the doctor removing the pins. You've been warned....

Last edited by a moderator:
Br00tal video dude.

The photo is nice. This is one of the rare occurrences where selective coloring works for me. Kudos. ;)

Yeah I think it works here too. And no, I'm not watching that.

That's crazy. How did you break it?

I agree - normally I hate selective color, but I think it works here.

I broke it skiing, hit a jump and made a mess of the landing.

This is what it looked like before the surgery:

$wrists.jpg

Also note the dislocated bone in my hand....

Hahaha gross! I broke my wrist snowboarding but didn't need pins. Just two surgeries for a tfcc tear because my first surgeon was an idiot.

haha, nice video, i wish i would have thought about that when i had 60+ staples removed from my back...

The selective colouring definitely works here; but I'm not sure it was completely necessary! :p It doesn't seem like there is very much colour to begin with!

@ Jaxx: I also broke my wrist snowboarding! Not fun! No pins (or surgery) for me though :) Thankfully! YUCK!

Most reactions

Back