A break in the fog - Holy Island

ascott

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.alexscottphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was down in Northumberland a couple of weeks ago and at first couldn't see anything for the thick fog. Then just before the sun came over the horizon we could just make out Lindisfarne Castle, what we had come to see. It didn't last long so it was a good job we had set up just in case.

C&C welcome.

Holy_Island_6.jpg

wow alex, i love it! i especially love all the detail in the foreground. as i look closer it maybe seems like theres maybe to much going on?? (textured rocks, handles, wall, fences, fog, castle, sky) i would like to see a shot of just the castle in the fog without anything else.

but my first thought was definitely "amazing!"

Absolutely gorgeous. If I had any shots like that from our trip over to Scotland last year I would have them on my wall. The shots on your web site are stunning as well. I love the series of Skye - I wish we had stayed out on the island so we could have done some hiking.

Love it. It's just perfect. As Foggy said, you lead us from the super detailed foreground right through the entire scene. Just great control of the DOF.

I love this photo. I see many photographs taken in England either by British photographers or by others visiting the island that I admire. Must be something in the water.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back