A Caterpillar, a Damsel, and a Leaf Hopper (little pic heavy)

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There I was again, face down, ass up in the garden the other day. The insects are coming back in full force!

1. Found this Caterpillar crawling aboot. I think it was trying to pull an Ostrich on me and hide its head in things, so I followed him around for a bit like a good paparazzi.

5. And he has crazy weird Caterpillar feet..

6. Then I found my Damsel (though not in distress..)

7. He (or she) was keeping a close eye on me...

8. And lastly I found myself a little Leaf Hopper

Especially liked the shot of the feet. What lens?

I like 4 and 5 best but they are all nice. How big was the caterpillar? I want to take some caterpillar feet photos now.

I like 4 and 5 best but they are all nice. How big was the caterpillar? I want to take some caterpillar feet photos now.
Thanks! It was probably about 1.25 inches in length. It's kind of addicting how the close you get the more and more neat detail can be found on these guys..

Thanks! It was probably about 1.25 inches in length. It's kind of addicting how the close you get the more and more neat detail can be found on these guys..
You have to go cold turkey in the winter - unless you go for springtails which are a lot smaller and I think the maximum magnification of your lens will not be good enough for (based on a 2 minute google search so I could be wrong).

Most reactions

Back