A CDV I done awhile back

star camera company

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4F8AB061-57FE-43BE-8503-C8A6A0254CA5.jpeg
A contact print from a collodion 1/4 plate neg on HC5 document weight paper sepia toned and coffee dipped. Camera of my construction, English Style 1/2,Plate Sliding box, lens Holmes Booth Haydens 1/2 plate radial Drive . The Soldier on the left went on to learn the process from me and purchased the painted backdrop and framework.

Very cool and well executed.

Looks beautiful! Sharp as a tack. The backdrop and the models marry together well with this process. Great work all the way around.

I have not idea what all that technical jargon means:D but what a brilliant result.

Yes....too bad the Civil War dissapeared, doing re-enactment Photography was a fascinating chapter in my life.

Looks beautiful! Sharp as a tack. The backdrop and the models marry together well with this process. Great work all the way around.
. Absolutely that old brass lens can hold its own with Anything. Years ago, I done my first BIG Gettysburg event. While standing in the vendor registration line, I met the Ledgendary John Coffer. He had come down by horse and wagon to do portraits at the event as a vendor, like me. He had Years of experience on me. In the course of out chatting, talk turned to lenses. I told him I was using a Whole Plate Darlot. His head dropped a bit, he shook it side to side in calm disagreement and said “Ya gotta git yerself a New York Lens”. •••••••. His advice was taken and through my career used only HBH and CC Harrison lens.

Well done!

The image looks quite passable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back