A CDV I done awhile back

star camera company

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4F8AB061-57FE-43BE-8503-C8A6A0254CA5.jpeg
A contact print from a collodion 1/4 plate neg on HC5 document weight paper sepia toned and coffee dipped. Camera of my construction, English Style 1/2,Plate Sliding box, lens Holmes Booth Haydens 1/2 plate radial Drive . The Soldier on the left went on to learn the process from me and purchased the painted backdrop and framework.

Very cool and well executed.

Looks beautiful! Sharp as a tack. The backdrop and the models marry together well with this process. Great work all the way around.

I have not idea what all that technical jargon means:D but what a brilliant result.

Yes....too bad the Civil War dissapeared, doing re-enactment Photography was a fascinating chapter in my life.

Looks beautiful! Sharp as a tack. The backdrop and the models marry together well with this process. Great work all the way around.
. Absolutely that old brass lens can hold its own with Anything. Years ago, I done my first BIG Gettysburg event. While standing in the vendor registration line, I met the Ledgendary John Coffer. He had come down by horse and wagon to do portraits at the event as a vendor, like me. He had Years of experience on me. In the course of out chatting, talk turned to lenses. I told him I was using a Whole Plate Darlot. His head dropped a bit, he shook it side to side in calm disagreement and said “Ya gotta git yerself a New York Lens”. •••••••. His advice was taken and through my career used only HBH and CC Harrison lens.

Well done!

The image looks quite passable.

Most reactions

Back