A chapel in the hills (Sedona AZ)

Does the colour one offer any tone separation between the rocks and the structure?

The Chapel of the Holy Cross itself built in the mid 50s was built with materials from the area and is close to same colors. It is petty much a given that structures are built not to be contrasty with surroundings in Sedona even today that holds true. in fact I believe it is an ordinance to do so.
Th color version probably would have been a better choice for me to post, but I am kinda a B&W fan.

Very cool.

That place is really cool! I live in Phoenix and I've been on several occasions. I prefer the BW here but the framing seems off in that version. I think it would be better with the church moved more to the right. It feels crowded on the left as it is now.

That is a real piece of Art. I was surprised that Frank Lloyd Wright didn't design it but a man named August K. Strotz.

That place is really cool! I live in Phoenix and I've been on several occasions. I prefer the BW here but the framing seems off in that version. I think it would be better with the church moved more to the right. It feels crowded on the left as it is now.
Probally having been there than you can figure where I snapped the shot from - that busy highway below - I was probably too busy playing dodge-the-car

Probally having been there than you can figure where I snapped the shot from - that busy highway below - I was probably too busy playing dodge-the-car

LOL! Yes I can only imagine! I thought the B/W was a cropped version of the color you have posted below it. But looking at it again I can see it may not be.

Most reactions

Back