a childs portrait

bellaPictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bellapictures.com.au
Hi all

Im pretty new to this forum. I took this photo of this little girl from my church at my house. Here it is

lily1.jpg

hope this works...feel free to comment please
and some advice would be good as well

thanks

The first is very cute. Eyes are nice and sharp, although I'd clean up a bit of the catchlight, but that's just me.

The second I'm not quite as fond of. There's a blown-out spot on the cheek, and I'm not sure about the diagonal crop. The smile looks a little goofy, as well. Maybe that's just the kid's normal look though. ;)

The third is really nice. I like the warmth that the duotone gives to it, and the (bounced, I assume) light from almost underneath the chin is a nice change of pace to most types of lighting. The pose is very natural, as well.

thanks for your wise input...the second one is quite goofy and the child was just being that at the time of the shoot, so she was cheeky but having fun at the same time....i only hope to get better

thanks again!

Cute, Cute, and more cute. These photos are so precious. But it's sort of funny because the photos of the toddlers look more like portraits however, the photo of the baby looks journalistic.

Great photos, the 1st and 3rd are my favorites for the reasons that Shark pointed out. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

dannygirl said:
Cute, Cute, and more cute. These photos are so precious. But it's sort of funny because the photos of the toddlers look more like portraits however, the photo of the baby looks journalistic.

hello all

thanks again...dannygirl..could you please explain to me why you think the baby photo looks journalistic, Im not too sure what it mean. Still new to this, thanks so much for the compliments too.

Tram

Most reactions

Back