What's new

A Coryadora Cat and a Striped Kuhli Loach

Bump


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Found this one looking through the set again. Not nearly as good as the first, but it'll do :thumbup:

Hard Turn! by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake
 
Those look great! I enjoy the darkness in the background and how the light is just on what you really care about.

My brother has a salt water aquarium [I use to as well] and I've tried a few times to capture some pictures of it but they just never turn out color wise the way I want.
 
Those look great! I enjoy the darkness in the background and how the light is just on what you really care about.

My brother has a salt water aquarium [I use to as well] and I've tried a few times to capture some pictures of it but they just never turn out color wise the way I want.

Glad you like them! It's definitely a refined art. It takes a lot of practice, and I use to photograph them years ago, so I've had time to practice and learn. That, good off-camera flash, and editing know-how, and you can make some keepers.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Those look great! I enjoy the darkness in the background and how the light is just on what you really care about.

My brother has a salt water aquarium [I use to as well] and I've tried a few times to capture some pictures of it but they just never turn out color wise the way I want.

Glad you like them! It's definitely a refined art. It takes a lot of practice, and I use to photograph them years ago, so I've had time to practice and learn. That, good off-camera flash, and editing know-how, and you can make some keepers.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, yours look great. The problem with the flash on reef aquariums though is that it takes away the colors of the coral, at least that's what I've experienced.
 
Those look great! I enjoy the darkness in the background and how the light is just on what you really care about.

My brother has a salt water aquarium [I use to as well] and I've tried a few times to capture some pictures of it but they just never turn out color wise the way I want.

Glad you like them! It's definitely a refined art. It takes a lot of practice, and I use to photograph them years ago, so I've had time to practice and learn. That, good off-camera flash, and editing know-how, and you can make some keepers.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, yours look great. The problem with the flash on reef aquariums though is that it takes away the colors of the coral, at least that's what I've experienced.

Hmm, I've never had color-removal issues. But often reefs are lot with heavily-blue tinted lights. Ever tried with gels on your flash?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Excellent shots! Nice Fish.

Thanks! Kuhli Loaches are one of my favorites--such an active and interesting fish.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Glad you like them! It's definitely a refined art. It takes a lot of practice, and I use to photograph them years ago, so I've had time to practice and learn. That, good off-camera flash, and editing know-how, and you can make some keepers.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, yours look great. The problem with the flash on reef aquariums though is that it takes away the colors of the coral, at least that's what I've experienced.

Hmm, I've never had color-removal issues. But often reefs are lot with heavily-blue tinted lights. Ever tried with gels on your flash?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried gels before. When his tank gets more mature I'll probably give it another try. Corals really show off their color under certain color spectrum. Where a flash is around 6000k, the corals look the best at 10,000k+
 
Yea, yours look great. The problem with the flash on reef aquariums though is that it takes away the colors of the coral, at least that's what I've experienced.

Hmm, I've never had color-removal issues. But often reefs are lot with heavily-blue tinted lights. Ever tried with gels on your flash?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried gels before. When his tank gets more mature I'll probably give it another try. Corals really show off their color under certain color spectrum. Where a flash is around 6000k, the corals look the best at 10,000k+

So I'd try adding some blue gels, and then messing with your white balance and hue in post.

Jake


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom