A couple architectural shots

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These two images are from the National Gallery in Ottawa.

For reasons that are beyond me, the second one is the most viewed photograph on my website. Weird.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I like the second image, nicely shot.

The first image has too much green space on the top for me. Oddly enough, it kinda looks like a big gold robot reaching out to the viewer.

I really like the symmetry in #1, but both are great.

I'm with Crazydad, also I like the symmetry in 1!
I'm sure you worked it out with a ruler, and the funny thing about 1 is that despite I can see the symmetry, it still feels slightly unsymmetric and my eyes roamed all corners of it, took "eye-only-measurements" and had to PROVE to itself that it is symmetric. And I can't tell what it is that causes my doubts? But I like that additional aspect of the first. And of course I like large amounts of green (!) ;) -- though this green is not quite as much from among my most favourite shades than the more yellowish ones... but you can't have it all, now can you ;).

The second is clearly phallic.
No wonder this photo gets all the hits.
The dome and light above it looks like a hat...

The first image has too much green space on the top for me. Oddly enough, it kinda looks like a big gold robot reaching out to the viewer.
Haha, you're absolutely right! I might even rename this photo "The Robot Embrace". Regarding the space on the top, I would have agreed with you had the wall been painted in a light colour; I think this green is "heavy" enough to balance the weight of the stairs below. Of course this is a matter of opinion :)

I'm with Crazydad, also I like the symmetry in 1!
I'm sure you worked it out with a ruler, and the funny thing about 1 is that despite I can see the symmetry, it still feels slightly unsymmetric and my eyes roamed all corners of it, took "eye-only-measurements" and had to PROVE to itself that it is symmetric. And I can't tell what it is that causes my doubts?
There are a few details that might be throwing you off: the shadow under the left flight of stairs; the shining light seen through the glass door (which comes only from the left); or maybe more room being at the left side of the image (compare the patterns of the stones decorating each side of the stairs).

The second is clearly phallic.
No wonder this photo gets all the hits.
The dome and light above it looks like a hat...
Hmmm, that may very well be the reason. Yeah about the hat shape; I actually called this photo "Museum of Civilization Hat"... which reminds me that the second shot was not taken at the National Gallery but at the (you guessed it) Museum of Civilization, also in Ottawa.

Thanks everybody for your comments!

The 2nd one looks like a lampshade to me... I like it though. It took a few seconds to figure out what it was.

I like the second image, nicely shot.

I definitely see the robot. cool.

nice shots the architect of this place is good

Most reactions

New Topics

Back