A couple landscapes for C&C

Curiosity Cosby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just started messing around with them in Photoshop, let me know what you think, or what I could be doing different.

Snowbasin1.jpg

Gentile1.jpg

Haha, you're the fourth person to tell me that. I might just give that a shot.

Here is my edit, Made it panorama and cleaned up the sensor dust.
Gentile2.jpg

Yes, that sensor dust needed to go. And I'm happy to see the saturation of the red upped just a little in Jaszek's edit. Looks good.
Over where I am, we have only just such a sorry excuse for a winter... :( Mountains and snow look sooo much nicer than what I managed to photograph today... Not sure I'll ever show my pics.

So I never really have quite figured this out... But how exactly do you tell when there is sensor dust on a photo? What does it look like?

the black...well....dust spots. compare you photo to my edit. look in the sky. you'll see them

Nice crops. Very nice shot.

So I never really have quite figured this out... But how exactly do you tell when there is sensor dust on a photo? What does it look like?
Sensor dust shows up as darkish spots on your pictures. Not all pictures will show these spots though, you usually see them in pictures where you used a very small aperture (f/11 or higher) and have large areas that are the same color (like a clear blue sky).

An example

Some sensor dust info

Dust Check Method

More Info

The Copper Hill Method of sensor cleaning.

Sweet, I see it now, thanks very much everyone! However, the snow looks pretty white on my monitor... Looks like I may need to calibrate it, or possibly get my eyes checked!

The first is a 'record' shot, not a landscape. The second, when properly cropped, is acceptable.

The second shot should have been 'cropped' in camera. Moving a few steps to the right [effectively moving the main mountain a tad to the right] wouldn't have hurt, either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back