jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a few more shots of the Starlings, but I imagine there won't be many more. In the past three days they polished off a block and a half of suet, and they are chasing all the other birds, including the woodpecker, away, so I too the suet feeder down today.

1 Two males and a female on the fence. Actually got all three sort of in focus.
jul08202202 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 A male proudly displaying his coat of stars...
jul08202203 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Two nice shots. The second one looks to be giving you a piece of its mind.

Good shooting.....
Thank you!
Two nice shots. The second one looks to be giving you a piece of its mind.
Thanks! I think it was more just hyperventilating... it got to 106F today, with a heat index of 113F due to the humidity in the air. To say it's been a little warm is an understatement.
Nice set Jeff. The one seems to be saying, "Suet .... or the car gets it!"
Thanks! Yeah, they go the car... multiple times... :lol:

Nice shots!

Every time I read the word "Starling", I hear Hannibal Lecter asking if she still hears the lambs screaming...

Very nice set! Sorry it's so hot there atm. :( Likely that's overcharging their aggressive tactics. I've read that they can be bully birds, like grackles can be.

Very nice set! Sorry it's so hot there atm. :( Likely that's overcharging their aggressive tactics. I've read that they can be bully birds, like grackles can be.
Thanks! Speaking of Grackles, I spotted a young one in the midst of the Starlings trying to pass itself off as a Starling and trying to get a Starling to feed it. Need to try and get a shot of it. The yellow eyes... and size... gave it away.

The really hot weather is about to arrive here but nothing like you are experiencing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back