A couple of plants for C&C

benlonghair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a couple of my favorites to date. First is some Indian Pipe that i came across in a friends yard. Click for exif.

Next is a daylily from my front yard. I'm kind of annoyed by the stamen that's OOF. I suppose I could clone it out, but it's kinda dead center and would be hard to miss that much PP.

Thanks for your comments.

#1 - I'd do a tighter crop on this, the background seems to consume the small plant.

#2 - I think you did a great job on this one. Love the composition, color and for me that little stamen being a tad oof isn't a problem.

Try desaturating the background for both images...the green is too bright and distracting.

Try desaturating the background for both images...the green is too bright and distracting.

Ya, I kind of agree. I'll knock down the greens when I get home and see what it looks like.

I like that first picture....I guess the green is overpowering and we all know red is better at being a color...so here is my version:

6574_110683729820_508854820_2251565_2996075_n.jpg

I like that first picture....I guess the green is overpowering and we all know red is better at being a color...so here is my version:

Thanks for the... um... help. ;)

Here's my versions, selectivly desaturated. I think it really helps the lily, but I'm not sure about the indian pipe.

3773002931_55de7259e6_o.jpg

3773002753_d8e285d452_o.jpg

I actually kinda like the pipes in B&W.

3773825948_d92aa86d75_o.jpg

Last edited:

6574_110683729820_508854820_2251565_2996075_n.jpg

"we all know red is better at being a color" No idea what that means but I love it. Went straight to my notebooks of possible titles.

The edit, on the other hand, doesn't do much for me. It looks like somebody bled all other the place. Of course we could push it further and say that the blood nourished some little seeds and out came some very nice little flowers. An illustration of the cycle of life. :lol:

You're right,the desaturation added even more to the lily. It helped with the indian pipe also, but I still think the problem is the cropping ... its a small frail kind of plant so all the extra space especially atthe top of the photo takes away from the plant.

I do really like the greyscale of the pipes. And the selectively desaturated one. Buth are great, I think. Cant decide a favorite.

Mark

You're right,the desaturation added even more to the lily. It helped with the indian pipe also, but I still think the problem is the cropping ... its a small frail kind of plant so all the extra space especially atthe top of the photo takes away from the plant.

I agree. It's cropped to an 8:12 ratio right now, meant to crop it down to an 8:10, but after spending an hour with the lasso select, my brain was ready to melt and I forgot. :)

Most reactions

Back