What's new

A couple of shots showing myself at the last hike

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
14,491
Reaction score
206
Location
Europe 67.51°N
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I did not take any images worth mentioning on last weekends hike (remember my frustration thread?) ... but here are some which show myself on that trip ;)

Taken near Abisko north of the Arctic circle near the border with Norway.

1: putting on the heavy thing

1233.jpg


2: taking pictures
1144.jpg



3:
1110.jpg


4: me again
1290.jpg
 
Hey those are great. #3 is my favorite. The composition would be great if you had moved to your left about 10 feet.:mrgreen: Sereiously, the stream curving back toward the mountainous horizon is great with great color.

What kind of bag is that you are using in the photos??
 
Hey, can you please get up early tomorrow morning and shoot the sunrise in #3 ...sun comes up on the right in that one...ja? Long lens and catch the light hitting the mountains...long exposure for a soft water effect.

Cool...thanks :)
 
What kind of bag is that you are using in the photos??

That is a Bergans of Norway (cannot remember the exact type, but their top model) ... one of the sturdiest backpacks I know and about the largest. The only drawback is the weight of it empty ;)
 
Hey, can you please get up early tomorrow morning and shoot the sunrise in #3 ...sun comes up on the right in that one...ja? Long lens and catch the light hitting the mountains...long exposure for a soft water effect.

Cool...thanks :)

well, right now I am 440km on terrible roads from that place ... so I cannot make it tomorrow morning ;)

Oh, and the sun does not come up anymore, it is just there, always ... goes on a circle in the sky.
 
Is that really you....????? Look like an unidentifiable person to me.....:lmao:

#3....

I was not supposed to show my face, was I? :-P
 
Well, that is what I call a precise reply :-P

And I was thinking to myself: how can "the sky be pretty" in #4, with that incredible mountain view in the background of #3 ???

GREAT photos, and really wish I could see that up close and personal!

Thanks Alex
 
Thanks :)

GREAT photos, and really wish I could see that up close and personal!

Well,
you should be prepared to get many mosquito bites then ... they are active up here whenever the temperature goes a bove freezing point .. also where you have permafrost deep down ;)

Oh, and those flies which bite chunks of your skin off ...

got over 80 bites in those 3 days ... about 50 of them in half an hour ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom