A day at the San Antonio Zoo.

asphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.allenskiles.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of friends I met at the San Antonio Zoo.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Hi again, Allen, and welcome a second time.
So you are in the San Antonio area?
We might have crossed paths in 1998 then, which is when I visited the area :D.

Nice photos from the zoo here. I quite like the brown bear and the crows ... the white heron shows all the difficulties that photographing white feathered birds in bright sunlight usually presents: the camera tends to totally blow out the white and all the detail of the feathers is gone. You must underexpose a lot under those circumstances, no matter what your camera says, else you really lose a lot. Which you did NOT in the case of the crow, now that one is full of detail! Way cool!

I moved to the San Antonio area Nov 12, 2005. Prior to living here I lived in Hawaii for 6 years. I wish I had picked up photography while I was there. Most of my time and money was taken up with motorcycle racing.

I have been working with satellite imagery for about nine or ten years. I figured I had developed a good eye in my line of work, why not try using it in photography. I have not had time to take any formal training in photography, but I try to read and experiment as much as my free time allows. I think I am at a point where I can look back and say I am going in the right direction. It is not the perfect direction, but it is working. There are tons of things I still need to learn and I am looking forward to learning them. I appreciate any constructive criticism that is given.

Oh, lovely set of photos! The bear is probably my fave...you captured lots of detail (right down to his eyebrows), and all the shades and texture of his fur. You really got the irridescence of the raven's feathers' too. The duckling is too cute for words. Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Aww look at the cute little duck (I think it's a duck)!!!

Great to have you here Allen!
I live up in Bulverde(about 30 minutes North of SA off of 281)

You're not too far from me, so let's keep in touch! There aren't any other members from SA area here on TPF. They are mostly all up in Dallas and scattered around the place.

Catch ya later-
-Chris

Most reactions

New Topics

Back