A Day in Mandalay

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevedinicol.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just had a day there before heading up to Hsipaw. Nice place, would have liked more time but I would have liked to have stayed just about everywhere longer!

U Bein Bridge at sunrise. Built from teak in 1850. Some of the pillars sure look their age, so it is good that they used so many!

(This is in Myanmar, or Burma, in case you are wondering)

And the sunset over the Irrawaddy River

Last edited:
Very good photo's, well done.

Very nice stuff Steve. Teak should really be the 8th Wonder of the World. That's an amazing wood.

nice. I like

Why did you crop #3 like that?

nice. I like

Why did you crop #3 like that?

well I didn't get the whole net in the original so I didn't feel bad about cropping it a little more. When I was taking the photo I was avoiding the area where he ended up throwing the net because it was fairly cluttered. Probably shouldn't have. Unfortunately he wasn't fishing out in the open, but there probably weren't as many fish out there!

$DSC_5050-alternate.jpg

Here's a version I just made with some more of the net on the right. I feel the action of throwing the net a little more in this one, what do you think?
I still cropped off his reflection and a bit of his boat on the left as I found them pointless and distracting.

Here's a version I just made with some more of the net on the right. I feel the action of throwing the net a little more in this one, what do you think?
I still cropped off his reflection and a bit of his boat on the left as I found them pointless and distracting.

I think it's better now, just straighten the horizon line

I think it's better now, just straighten the horizon line

Me too, thanks for the help! and I will straighten it too

They are all great. You captured the reflection in the second one wonderfully. It makes the bridge look a lot taller than it is. Nice work.

Most reactions

Back