010.jpg

GMT 03:19 (8:19pm)
2 on 2 Basketball

018.jpg

GMT 05:12 (10:12pm)
A Friend Messing Around on the D80

027.jpg

Copied from previous thread.

Was a brilliant day with the weather. I thought I would take my camera to a local market attraction.

It's Maple Syrup time of year here in South West Ontario.
_MAR0811Medium.jpg

This guy was busy most of the day, was hard to get near for a photo request.
_MAR0829Medium.jpg

After making my way through the market, I thought I would head to the source for all the Maple Syrup. Hard to believe there is still snow on the ground here.
_MAR0830Medium.jpg

Thanks for the input from all those who got this thread organized. Great idea. I can't wait for other submissions.

I'm back, and here are a few of my pictures from the 29th. These were all taken with a 7.1Mpix Olympus digital camera with image stabilization (when possible).

Galapagos time is UTC minus 6 hours.

00:43Z -- tourists having dinner at a bar on San Cristobal Island

2629224900103291716KCjpRW_th.jpg

00:51Z -- sleeping sea lions

2606820270103291716ngQxSO_th.jpg

12:00Z -- tour group waiting to get on San Cristobal/Isabela flight

2022225410103291716aOEFql_th.jpg

13:11Z -- cockpit of airplane (where are the fuzzy dice and the CD player)?

2385988220103291716hisMfp_th.jpg

14:20Z -- still life from breakfast table

2988409500103291716gaRhaa_th.jpg

More photos to come (and now I'll try to make them full size -- these were thumbnails as it turned out)

Wow did no one else take pictures?

I wasnt able to get out of the house during those 24 hours. And being at home I wasnt really inspired to shoot anything. I''ll have to wait until we are able to do this again :(

Awesome pictures though guys... its really interesting to look at these and realize these events were all taking place in the same time frame. Was a very cool idea.

I agree.. I just hope next time I can actually leave the house. lol

Hi!

I'm still in Ecuador but I just got Internet access. There's been a request to have me start a thread where people can post their pictures. Hopefully we can make it sticky :)

Ironically, after all that I didn't get that many good cultural pictures on the 29th. The noon shot (6 AM local) had people waiting for a flight at the San Cristobal airport in the Galapagos (VERY tiny). There a few shots of tourists in restaurants the local night of the 28th. The rest were all typical touristy type things. I'll see which ones I want to upload.

I suppose I could include the dashboard of the 5-seater plane I took to Isabela.

I don't have a USB cable here.

Can we make this a sticky thread?

Also -- we should try to set up another date for an album, this time with more lead time so we can get people all over the world involved (most of the people I saw seemed to be American or at least in the US time zones). I have this crazy idea of June 20th for the summer solstice or something like that, but it depends which day of the week that is.

ACG
I hope that this idea didn't die a natural death. I had posted a link rather than the actual photos. Was that OK?

I hope that this idea didn't die a natural death. I had posted a link rather than the actual photos. Was that OK?
As a matter of habit, perhaps laziness, I tend to bypass links. It's too easy just to post the photo in the thread. But that's just me.

As a matter of habit, perhaps laziness, I tend to bypass links. It's too easy just to post the photo in the thread. But that's just me.
Thanks. I appreciate your perspective. Next time I'll post them in line.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back