LynziMarie
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jun 9, 2008
- Messages
- 284
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Utah
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
A while back I told all of the people in my bird rescue group that I'm starting to really try and perfect my portrait skills... and famously, animals and children are the hardest to work with... In my opinion, there is no better way to get good at capturing a moment like starting off with animals and children.
Well... I had a taker!! This woman loves her dog and really wanted some portraits taken of her. So she was my first real portrait session... and I rocked it!! haha I'm so proud of myself, and I'm not a bit afraid to admit that!
Here are the best shots of the day.... Only four, but you know... that's pretty good for a shoot, getting four usable shots, especially with a dog that wouldn't sit still! We used all natural lighting, with my nice, new, spiffy flash as a fill light to make her really stand out.. and it was great!
C&C as always (and also like usual... keep it nice please
)
Her pup's name is Saffy
This one still needs some work... I had to clone out some cement from the sides, and it's still noticable, so this is just a rough draft
Well... I had a taker!! This woman loves her dog and really wanted some portraits taken of her. So she was my first real portrait session... and I rocked it!! haha I'm so proud of myself, and I'm not a bit afraid to admit that!
Here are the best shots of the day.... Only four, but you know... that's pretty good for a shoot, getting four usable shots, especially with a dog that wouldn't sit still! We used all natural lighting, with my nice, new, spiffy flash as a fill light to make her really stand out.. and it was great!
C&C as always (and also like usual... keep it nice please
Her pup's name is Saffy
This one still needs some work... I had to clone out some cement from the sides, and it's still noticable, so this is just a rough draft

) it's easy to to blow out the whites as in #2. If you meter on the white, this will help and if you are still having difficulties, try adjusting you Exposure Compensation to -0.7EV to start and bumping it up or down as required. (I don't know what camera you have, but I'm hoping you have that control setting.) Secondly, it is only my opinion, but your PoV in #4 is too high. I think if you were eyeball to eyeball, you would have a more pleasing photo. The colors also seem a little washed out and could do with a bump in saturation or something. (yes, the cloning it quite apparent.)