What's new

USING AN FL LM3 FLASH GUN ON AN Olympus OMD E M1 Mark ii

Worksop Lad

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 23, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Worksop
Hi, I have been an Olympus user for around 3 or 4 years now and it has stood me in good stead for taking photos of landscapes and animals. I'm absolutely delighted I swapped from a Pentax K3 ii. Half the weight and the same if not better pictures. As stated my preference is landscape and wild animals (as opposed to pets). A couple of weeks ago my brother in laws wife asked me if I would take photos on the wedding day of her daughter. I tried valiantly to gently say no but I ended up being press ganged into it. Just a few pictures is all, she said. Anyroad that is the background to my problem. I have never used the FL LM3 flashgun that came with the camera but I'm guessing that I will need it on the big day in 2 weeks time. I usually make the settings on the camera for my normal photography on the fly but would not know where to start with wedding photos so have made my mind up to use the iAUTO setting for the big day. I want to plug in the flash gun and want it to only flash when the camera thinks it is needed. However, I have asked several websites how to set the camera up to do this whilst in iAUTO mode, but they give me different answers. One says yes it can be set up for that and others say it cannot be setup for that. Can some kind person out there please put me out of my misery and tell me yes it can be done, in which case please advise the menus to access and the buttons to press in real simple language, if not, any suggestions would be greatly received. I am not very keen to employ a professional photographer to cover for me so lets put that one off the table, thanks. Regards Worksop Lad
 
Here's the beat I can do.

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom