A Fall Set

weags77

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had another go this weekend at some fall fun. Came away with a somewhat abstract-ish set. Kinda different from my normal shots so was wondering what you guys think. The good, bad and the ugly are all welcomed and appreciated.

$image-854527995.jpg

$image-1518944909.jpg

$image-2619574535.jpg

$image-215980672.jpg

$image-1862352517.jpg

This place has been a little rough lately wrt critique it seems. ;)

I like the composition of 2,3, & 4. They seem to be a bit soft or maybe noisy - I can't tell.
The colors seem a bit unnatural to me. If this was straight out of camera, then cool. Otherwise, I'm not on board with the processing.
#2 and #3 seem a little crowded. I think a slightly wider angle of view would have improved these.

#5 seems really interesting, but I can't see a larger version so it's hard to really be sure.
The colors are certainly more natural and less jarring than the others.

#1 doesn't work for me. It looks too upside down, but even when corrected it's not terribly interesting. (I guess I've taken too many of those shots to be objective. ;) )

Thanks sleist. I cropped down 2,3,4 quite a bit. Could that have added to the softness ? The place i took these was rather messy around so i tried to crop out a lot of those unsightly elements. Apologize if this is a stupid question. As for the colors they were actually pretty close to out of camera but I did post process them. Apparently a bit too much. Haha.

2 an 3 seemed to have a very painterly feel even on the raw file. I could t decide if I liked it or not as it looked unnatural even on an unprocessed raw. I'm gonna go back and check again just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me but that was my thought process while editing those.

I am personally not a fan of my composition on 1 but it was a quick shot that I didn't give much thought to so I guess that's to he expected. I did however like the various colors of the leaves and the tree was interesting to me. Kinda wish I spent a bit more time and effort on it.

As for 5 ill try to upload a larger version of it if you wouldn't mind checking back in a few days. The leaf was actually caught on a spider web so it was just dangling and not caught mid air by me.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know your thoughts. It helps me quite a bit. I especially like the honest critique you give. It's appreciated.

As a beginner the images seem a bit in lack of something, perhaps variety. I hope you can learn from the work of others on this sight to proceed something more advanced than average photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back