A few birds from today

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They look good i like the first one best

Great images. I like the osprey best, I think.

impressive detail

do you use a tripod..?

Thanks for all of your comments!

@echoyjeff I only shoot handheld. The Tamron is the lightest of the consumer 500mms...

Nice set. I checked your Flickr pictures some nice captures especially the Osprey with the fish. I got some Osprey pictures last week that look very similar.

@msnowy Thanks! I love Osprey's they are one of the coolest raptors imho. I have so many Osprey shots, but I just can't seem to stop shooting them. I'm still trying to get the Osprey coming out of the water straight at me with a fish..

@echo If you click through to my flickr all the exif is there, But for these four, 1/400, 1/1600, 1/800 and 1/1600

I shoot in aperture priority, with auto iso set at 1/1600th max iso 800. It's almost like magic manual mode. I pretty much try to be ready for flying birds...

Nice set .. And I can't wait until I get home to see the rest on Flickr .

Saturday I found out that we have Ospreys and Hawks in the neighborhood. And Sunday I spotted two but they were out of my reach .
Of course I will try again.. Wish me luck!

@primo, be careful it becomes very addicting... First you just want an osprey picture, then you want an osprey with a fish, then you want an osprey grabbing the fish. Then you want a faster camera and a bigger lens.. It never ends :) Have fun and good luck.

Thanks for the heads up Kris but don't you think it's a bit too late?
Last Sunday (cloudy) I spent 6 hours in the park going up and down hoping to get another glimps.
And after checking you out on flickr, I have even bigger plans for this Sunday.. so, thanks again.

BTW.. I checked out the lens already...;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back