What's new

A few bugs from our garden

LazyFrog60

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 1, 2012
Messages
147
Reaction score
20
Location
Brussels, Belgium
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit








Trying out some Macro shots. Just got into Macro recently and am getting seriously addicted!! Did a few different projects. This first one is of bugs.Camera is a Canon EOS 1000D with the regular 55mm lens and a Macro screw-on filter. Hoping to buy a real Macro lens sometime in the future when the cash-flow allows!

Any Comments are welcome!!
​
​
 
I like #1. Nice use of the plant to frame the fly. The focus is just a bit off, and the fly looks slightly underexposed, but it's still an engaging image.

Why do I always think of Jeff Goldblum when I see a fly? Ick.
 
Thanks Jaemie! I looked at your pictures - you seem to enjoy Macro photography as well. Getting close to the little buggers is fun and challenging and it's amazing what you discover when you get closer. My camera body is also an older one and does reasonably well. The lenses are even older as they were previously used by my husband on his regular Canon SLR. I've just purchased a Rebel T3i body and can't wait to start trying it out. Will have to wait until November though as I have to pick it up in the US and will only be heading there in November.
 
Thank you! Yes, I like to get as close as my equipment will permit. My camera is an older (2003) 6.3 megapixel Canon, and all of the photos on my blog were taken with the 18-55 lens that came with the camera. I recently received a free lens (older Canon 70-210mm F/4 FD mount) from a very generous TPF member (pixmedic) and I've been getting used to it, but haven't posted any photos to my blog, yet. I had to buy an adapter (~$25 on ebay) to use it with my digital body.

Congratulations on the new camera purchase!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom