A few car pictures

r a y

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all! Im relatively new around here, hope this thread is in the right place! Anywho, just wanted to share a few of my automotive shots from 2011:

_DSC8764 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

_DSC9027 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_1787 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_5397 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_1105 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_1899 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_3925 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_4137 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_5037 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_5810_r by Ray Flores, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dont understand all the ass shots. I think they would look better taking from the front corner so to see the front and the side. Jmo

Dont understand all the ass shots. I think they would look better taking from the front corner so to see the front and the side. Jmo

Just trying to show some versatility since im only picking 1 image per set. I do cover multiple angles on all my shoots.

Awesome set, I also take "ass shots" when shooting cars sometimes, I agree, it can make a very good angle. Love the lighting and colours in the car park pics
icon_thumright.gif

The quality of the image resolution is good here. You have a nice base to start with. But I have to agree that you are not using your angles as good as you could be. For a side shot try get the car centered well. Also you might consider getting a super wide angle to take shots with so you can get more up close and personal.

Now one of the shots I thought had the best potential and the worst mistakes was the last shot of the mustang. Love the vivid red popping against the dark industrial background. Best setting you used. But the perspective is crooked a bit and you chopped the sweet reflection on the floor. For this shot it would have been much nicer to angle the lens down and make where the tires hit the pavement the center line so you get the full car and reflection in the shot. Really exploit a good reflection when you find it. It could be just a pool of rain water but the added effect is priceless. This is something I learned from doing landscape photography for a while.

Some guys are ass men and others are boob men - can't please everyone all the time!

nice! what do u use to light paint the white supra? im a lighting noob, lol is it jst speedlights or something?

White s2k with the bbs's does it for me:)

I like them all Ray. I shoot cars all the time, so I appreciate the challenges involved in getting a good exposure, especially with black cars. If you don't mind me asking, what was involved in capturing 8764, and what was your technique to render that final image? It's perfectly exposed.

1,2,3 are the ones i like. you know what would be awesome? if you posted atleast one 'set up' shot for any of the ones where you used lights. just saying.

great shots! what camera/lens setup and lighting were you using for them?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back