A Few From Recent Gatlinburg Trip - C&C Welcome

I'm probably not a great person to critique these, since I have a soft spot for Cades Cove, so the images resonate with me personally more than they might to others.

I rather like the first cabin image--I think that's the Carter-Shields cabin?--I see photos of just the cabin all the time, so the trees in the foreground at least add an extra element. However, I agree that it might have been nice to frame the house between those trees. <note to self: self, next time you're up at the Cove, try this shot!>

I also like the wagon; I liked your version of it just fine, until I saw Skyclad's. I think I like that one even better.

I have never done any HDR, but I've been planning to give it a try. Maybe a trip to Cades Cove is in order soon! I'd love to try to get that cantilever barn in a good HDR photo. Did you take any of the cantilever barn? Well, there's actually two, one in the main area at the bend of the loop (where this wagon was) and another along the loop road. I like the one along the loop road better, but maybe that's just because there's usually fewer people there.

Most reactions

Back