A few from the weekend.

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken this weekend. Please C&C. All were taken RAW, then PP after. I'm new to doing the RAW and PP, so if I've got something WAY off, please let me know.

log.jpg

frog.jpg

Thistle.jpg

dog.jpg

Not bad for first raw processing. Nothing is way off. Only in the image of the woofer in the water are there highlights close to being burnt out with loss of data, but the contrast of the scene itself is quite large, and tough for the dynamic range of our digital sensors.

I'm noticing that your main subjects tend in all the shots, to be rather centered. Have you been introduced to rule of thirds concept yet?

I'm noticing that your main subjects tend in all the shots, to be rather centered. Have you been introduced to rule of thirds concept yet?

Yes, I do know about the rule of thirds. I'm the first to admit that I tend to forget about them while shooting. I've got to try to keep that in mind more often. Thanks for the comments.

Actually looks like the first one is overexposed... have you noticed the histogram when you are setting exposure levels on raw images? Anything that "falls off" the left or right edge (or the top for that matter) is lost. For example... If the green goes off the right you have overexposed the greens and some green data will be gone from the image, therefore overexposed.

Yes, I have been trying to keep an eye on the histograms. I'll have a look at that one again, and see. May have missed something. Thanks for the input.

Actually looks like the first one is overexposed... have you noticed the histogram when you are setting exposure levels on raw images? Anything that "falls off" the left or right edge (or the top for that matter) is lost. For example... If the green goes off the right you have overexposed the greens and some green data will be gone from the image, therefore overexposed.

Actually just looked at the histogram again, and it's way over to the left, and if I try to move it more towards the middle, it get really blown out. Maybe it's not the exposure, but something else not quite right?

Most reactions

Back