A few from the zoo pt. 2

jubbin2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to split the images up a little so they weren't all on one thread (though I might have gotten away with it as a set :mrgreen:). As before C&C welcome!

1. $DSC_6682.jpg

2. $DSC_6691.jpg

3. $DSC_6745.jpg

First post had the best ones I guess. Or are thess all just "snapshots"?

Wow, amazing pics. But for number 2 I found that there was too much empty space, so I cropped it abit, hope it helps;)

Attachments

• $image-2027359383.jpg
    $image-2027359383.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 120
Too bad you cut his hand off in #1, maybe you should do some reading on the basic rules of composition. You seem to centre most of your subjects which doesn't make it pleasing to the eye.
I also don't know what is wrong with your colours. Did you do some post-processing to get some kind of effect? Doesn't seem natural/nice IMO.
The last photo would have been allot better if the subject wasn't centered ^^^ and if you had used a shallower DOF. The wire fence really spoils it for me.
I love your subjects though. Wildlife is great.

Thanks for the comments. I see that I cut off the hand, which I regret, but that was a spur of the moment shot that I tried to capture and missed, and didn't notice until you mentioned it. I also regret some of the framing issues of the subjects, but I figured it was the best for the situation given there would either be something in the background that would distract the eyes, either people, man-made objects, etc. Some of these were shot through glass, so that didn't much help either. As far as the color, I guess I am not sure what exactly you mean. They look fine to me. I use capture NX2 to process the raw files, using a combination of white/black points and tweaking in WB from there. They all pretty much look like they did when I was walking through the exhibits, perhaps you could explain what is off about them.

JoshuaSimPhotography said:
Wow, amazing pics. But for number 2 I found that there was too much empty space, so I cropped it abit, hope it helps;)

I like the crop. Thank you for that.

Like I said commenting to your "part 1" photos, I am sure you got the best out of the situation.
For the colours, it might just be me or my computer, they look 'vintage' like. Especially the green. Maybe that's just how it was.

Most reactions

Back