What's new

A few from Weddings

TiCoyote

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 28, 2009
Messages
626
Reaction score
4
Location
New England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been a while since I posted images for C&C. Here's what I've been working on:

#1
6207895354_7caec606bc_b.jpg



#2
6207879154_03b48ca76e_b.jpg


#3
6207882610_a42441889f_b.jpg



#4
6207362841_b25b611835_b.jpg



#5
6207871504_aecdb8cfba_b.jpg
 
IMO, these are too tight. Need to go wider to have better compositions. Also you need to make most of them warmer.
 
For #2, it would have been MUCH better if you could have been about 3 feet to the right of where you took that picture. That guy in the left is really distracting.
 
Your lighting seem very harsh. A cause might be using unmodified speedlights aimed directly into the scene, see photo 4. Photo 3 appears to be a touch out of focus and the the general feel is rather snapshot like. Are the images you present here the best of the bunch, or are you asking for advice concerning the missed shots? Were you shooting this wedding for a friend or family member as a freebie?

This seems pretty harsh critique, but if this is representative of your wedding work you still have a fair ways to go. Weddings are special for the celebrants and as the hired photographer you need to be at the top of your game in order to deliver on the implied promise of a good product.
 
IMO, these are too tight. Need to go wider to have better compositions. Also you need to make most of them warmer.

You're right, they are too cold, and a little dark. My monitor needs to be calibrated. I like the tight crops though. This is just a few from a larger set. I have wider ones as well, but I find the tight shots to be the most interesting.
 
Hickeydog, I agree! I think he actually stepped into the shot, and there were people directly to my right. It happens.
 
Your lighting seem very harsh. A cause might be using unmodified speedlights aimed directly into the scene, see photo 4. Photo 3 appears to be a touch out of focus and the the general feel is rather snapshot like. Are the images you present here the best of the bunch, or are you asking for advice concerning the missed shots? Were you shooting this wedding for a friend or family member as a freebie?

This seems pretty harsh critique, but if this is representative of your wedding work you still have a fair ways to go. Weddings are special for the celebrants and as the hired photographer you need to be at the top of your game in order to deliver on the implied promise of a good product.

I've been assisting a wedding photographer since April, and building my portfolio. Every wedding, I try something new, and these are the first with off-camera lighting. I know the shots aren't perfect, but I'm happy with them. #3 is OOF, but it's one of those instances where the camera didn't focus perfectly, but I liked it too much to throw it away.

It's not harsh critique, it's just directionless insults. I'm not sure how your words are supposed to help me improve. They really just seem like condescending insults.

It's not "harsh critique" it's just
 
If these are your favorites from a "larger" set, then I can tell you right now your "larger" set is very weak. That's the truth. Honest feedback.

#1. It looks like he was sitting on a chair that people lifted like a Jewish tradition. But you cant really see what is going on since it is too tight.
#2. The most interesting thing on the photo is the asian guy taking the shot, but the bride takes the majority of the frame and it is not in focus.
#3. Bad composition, out of focus
#4. He should be in focus, not her
#5. Just bad..

IMO, these are too tight. Need to go wider to have better compositions. Also you need to make most of them warmer.

You're right, they are too cold, and a little dark. My monitor needs to be calibrated. I like the tight crops though. This is just a few from a larger set. I have wider ones as well, but I find the tight shots to be the most interesting.

And the way you responded to people just telling me you are stubborn. IMO if it is bad, it is bad.. throw it away. No need to defend your self saying HE stepped into the shot, and there were PEOPLE to your right. They are partying! It is your job to get good shots with the circumtances.

Hickeydog, I agree! I think he actually stepped into the shot, and there were people directly to my right. It happens.

I agree completely with Patrice except the unmodified speedlights. People use unmodified speedlights all the time (including me). But what patrice wrote is LEGIT! Not directionless insults!

Your lighting seem very harsh. A cause might be using unmodified speedlights aimed directly into the scene, see photo 4. Photo 3 appears to be a touch out of focus and the the general feel is rather snapshot like. Are the images you present here the best of the bunch, or are you asking for advice concerning the missed shots? Were you shooting this wedding for a friend or family member as a freebie?

This seems pretty harsh critique, but if this is representative of your wedding work you still have a fair ways to go. Weddings are special for the celebrants and as the hired photographer you need to be at the top of your game in order to deliver on the implied promise of a good product.

I've been assisting a wedding photographer since April, and building my portfolio. Every wedding, I try something new, and these are the first with off-camera lighting. I know the shots aren't perfect, but I'm happy with them. #3 is OOF, but it's one of those instances where the camera didn't focus perfectly, but I liked it too much to throw it away.

It's not harsh critique, it's just directionless insults. I'm not sure how your words are supposed to help me improve. They really just seem like condescending insults.

It's not "harsh critique" it's just
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom