A few from yesterdays snow day [pic heavy]

tpuma

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken at a park near my house just as the snow was starting to taper off in NY.
Thanks for looking!
GBH by Tom Puma, on Flickr
Cardinal Feeding by Tom Puma, on Flickr
Cardinal in Winter by Tom Puma, on Flickr

#4 Can anyone identify this little guy?
Wren? by Tom Puma, on Flickr
woodpecker by Tom Puma, on Flickr
B&W Tree in Winter by Tom Puma, on Flickr
Hooded Squad by Tom Puma, on Flickr
Great Blue Heron by Tom Puma, on Flickr
Wren? and cardinal by Tom Puma, on Flickr

Last edited:
The one bird that you think is a wren is a white breasted nuthatch the woodpecker is what I think is the red bellied woodpecker Nice set by the way. You still Have herons around you all the ones around here are gone

Thanks!!
Yes there was actually a juvenile pair of Blue Herons out yesterday. I tried to get a shot of them together but they flew off.
I will correct the name to Nuthatch in my files thanks again.

The one bird that you think is a wren is a white breasted nuthatch the woodpecker is what I think is the red bellied woodpecker Nice set by the way. You still Have herons around you all the ones around here are gone

Very nice set!

Nice set, the B&W tree is my favourite.

It would be nice if you could number your images when you post more than 1 or 2. I find that numbering makes them a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to.

WesternGuy

Thanks!
Added numbers:thumbyo:

It would be nice if you could number your images when you post more than 1 or 2. I find that numbering makes them a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to.

WesternGuy

If you don't mind me asking, how can you tell juvenile from adult in birds?

The pair I photographed were about half the size of the other herons in that area so I just assumed they are young. But someone with detailed knowledge would be able to tell age by color and shape of any given bird.

Last edited:
The pair I photographed were about half the size of the other herons in that area so I just assumed there are young. But someone with detailed knowledge would be able to tell age by color and shape of any given bird.

Thanks for the reply. Great shots by the way. There are a few at a pond I fish at, easy to find around by area. I may try my hand the next warm day

Thanks!
Added numbers:thumbyo:

WesternGuy
Thanks for the numbers. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Thanks everyone!
So I was talking to a friend of mine and they said when a heron has that scraggly feather growth on their neck they're adults. So these guys above are actually young adults.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back