A few landscapes from the Smoky's

g2k556

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to the Smoky Mountains earlier in October, here are some photos from there. let me know what you think.

Autumn_Rush_by_g2k556.jpg

Screaming_Silence_by_g2k556.jpg
The_Path_Less_Traveled_by_g2k556.jpg

When_Summer_Ends_by_g2k556.jpg
Serenity_by_g2k556.jpg

Grotto_Falls_by_g2k556.jpg
Clouded_Vision_by_g2k556.jpg

The_Great_Smoky_Mountains_by_g2k556.jpg

Those are some amazing shots! Awesome colours and love the technique. The forth shot though is my pick of the bunch, the light is enchanting.

I love the water shots :) The trees in the second one look like they're out of Lord of the Rings or a Tomb Raider film, nice work.

Gorgeous shots, but #6 looks a bit off-kilter.

If these had numbers, it'd be easier to say, but I think it is the fourth photo which I like best of the series (even though that one does not feature any running water). Of the running water ones, I really like the third before last. I like that one much better than the first where I feel the water is a touch too white and too silky.

thanks for all the nice comments :) Check out my gallery(look in my sig) I have several other shots from the vacation, I just didn't want to overload the thread with that many photos.

Gorgeous shots, but #6 looks a bit off-kilter.
yea, I believe I've fixed it on my computer, i just haven't uploaded it.

If these had numbers, it'd be easier to say, but I think it is the fourth photo which I like best of the series (even though that one does not feature any running water). Of the running water ones, I really like the third before last. I like that one much better than the first where I feel the water is a touch too white and too silky.

they all have titles in the lower right hand corners ;)

It was unfortunate, you'll notice in the last two photos, it was very overcast, the 4 days I was there it was like that the whole time. then on he last day we were there packing up, of course, it was bright and sunny hardly a cloud to be seen :thumbdown:

Nice set. Is it Gatlinburg?

I like the 5th and 6th shots a lot, the water looks so smooth. Did you use a slow shutter speed for that? What was it?

Nice series. I love the mountains. I was in the Pisquah Nat'l Forest this past October.

I'm seeing purple/magenta in the water in #1 & 6.

Nice set. Is it Gatlinburg?
Yep, it's very near Gatlinberg. Gatlinberg is right next to the National Park. I'm not a big fan of the cities nearby the Park, they are a bit too flashy for me, too much shopping and magic shows and other entertainment for my taste. I like the quaint towns better.

I like the 5th and 6th shots a lot, the water looks so smooth. Did you use a slow shutter speed for that? What was it?
When Summer Ends: 4sec shutter speed, f/22
Serenity: 2sec shutter speed, f/14

Nice series. I love the mountains. I was in the Pisquah Nat'l Forest this past October.

I'm seeing purple/magenta in the water in #1 & 6.
that was intentional actually, I added a touch for character :p

That's absolutely gorgeous...
What kind of gear did you use?

I have Canon Rebel XT and used a Tamron 28-300mm lens. Not the best lens, but it's what I could afford. Many of these photos would have been a lot better if I had a better lens. I've gotten a few poster prints of various ones from this trip and they look okay from a distance, but when you get up close you can see the quality in the lens wasn't the best.

awesome series. I think they look awesome......great work.

The water isn't working for me. For some reason it looks incredibly post processed. The light color of it doesn't really blend with the environment and looks unnatural. I think I would personally prefer it if it was more blue. This doesn't pertain to everyone however.

I'd have to say my favorite is "The Path Less Traveled"

Nice photos :) I perosnally like The Path Less Travelled, it seems to me like a trickle of water, but with autumn leaves!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back