A Few macro flower shots

Nick Melson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nickmelson.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heyy took a few pictures today was experimenting with a screw on macro lens and natural light, not sure if i like them fully some C&C would be great as im in the progress of making my portfolio for college.

4645607763_a1be9908c4.jpg

4645607221_e139b78068.jpg

Your subject is underexposed. You need some fill light, maybe a reflector if you want to limit yourself to natural light. Otherwise you will have to blow out the background to get your subject better exposed.

I am by no means anything more than a amateur (and that may be stretching it), but I really like the first one and I think the lighting and exposure are pretty good in that shot. The second one does look underexposed and a bit too busy. I have had the exact same problem (too busy) with macro flower shots as I also use a screw-on close-up lens (Canon 500D) instead of a proper (read expensive) macro lens. On really small flowers, you just can't get close enough to isolate a single subject and I have yet to take a shot of a bunch of flowers on a branch that I thought turned out interesting. My solution has been to shoot larger flowers and really try to isolate a single subject. You can check out some of my "attempts" at doing that at:
Macro Photo Gallery by whiplash23 at pbase.com

Your subject is underexposed. You need some fill light, maybe a reflector if you want to limit yourself to natural light. Otherwise you will have to blow out the background to get your subject better exposed.

Yeahh i will give it ago, thanks :)

I am by no means anything more than a amateur (and that may be stretching it), but I really like the first one and I think the lighting and exposure are pretty good in that shot. The second one does look underexposed and a bit too busy. I have had the exact same problem (too busy) with macro flower shots as I also use a screw-on close-up lens (Canon 500D) instead of a proper (read expensive) macro lens. On really small flowers, you just can't get close enough to isolate a single subject and I have yet to take a shot of a bunch of flowers on a branch that I thought turned out interesting. My solution has been to shoot larger flowers and really try to isolate a single subject. You can check out some of my "attempts" at doing that at:
Macro Photo Gallery by whiplash23 at pbase.com

Thanks :) yeahh had a quick go today but by the time i had set up it started to rain >.<

Nice macro shot :)

Thankyou :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back