iCh4z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
enjoy, c&c always appreciated. thanks.
dscn4477rw7.jpg

dscn4532in7.jpg

Well, I might be old-fashioned in my tastes and likings, but crooked horizons - particularly so in photos of the sea - just go against what I like, therefore that crooked horizon in Photo 2 bothers me a lot.

And I find you place the horizon too far into the centre of both your frames here. Photos which are cut into two halves by the horizon tend to look less exciting. A division into 2/3 and 1/3 areas are not just "that silly, over-used Rule of Thirds" - they are more interesting to look at. The 2/3-1/3 division adds some tension, some dynamics. Test it out. Try to get rid of some of the grey, non-descript sky in Photo 1 and see what the impact will be (on yourself).

And once you have straightened Photo 2, you will also find that part of the sky may get lost so you come to a better composed landscape photo. OK?

I dont mind the composition of either, just a general flatness, lack of contrast/colour/depth.
Diffused light through clouds is always a dampener, you could convert to B/W and alter the levels or better still just wait for better more dramatic lighting.
Doe's that make any sense ?
Both shots look a very familiar scene..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back