A Few More Zoo Portraits

Wow, the red panda tongue picture is so candid. You definitely have me inspired to go to the zoo, to capture my own candid moments!

Yeah, he's a cutie. He's actually quite small as well and that doesn't show up well in the photos. He's roughly the size of a Cocker Spaniel I'd guess.

Zoos are great places for animal shots. I seldom have to worry about whether I'll see anything like I do in the wild, but that in and of itself ruins part of the challenge. When I see something special out in the wild I feel like I've really found something good. At the zoo it's just a function of hitting the right part of the day so the sun is where I want it.

The zoo does have its own challenges though. The animals are normally behind a fence or a shield of some sort. For fences use the lowest aperture possible and they will not even be visible. "Glass" (although they are normally some sort of acrylic) can be tough because of reflections so watch out for them. They are a lot of fun though. I expect to see some shots from you guys this summer!

To anyone interested in the results of the Better Beamer, take a look at This Post. Thanks again, Charlie!

Most reactions

Back