Yet more Horses - form a different show!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
@terri said she wanted more - sooo I went out to a second horse show to get more!!

This one was the Woodbridge Horse Show, dedicated to the Suffolk Punch, a breed of draft horse using in farming and haulage and all such heavy work. Though I have to admit I didn't spend as long viewing them as the showjumpers (partly because I'm more used to jumping and because show work requires near perfect timing to get a good shot); but I did get one or two

woodbridge_horse_show_2022_12_by_overread_df4r794-fullview.jpg

This is one of the mighty Suffolk Punches, a young one a few years old. You can see a hint of one or two of the older ones in the background.

woodbridge_horse_show_2022_1_by_overread_df4r6sh-fullview.jpg

df4r6x5-e07d1201-288c-4da1-9f4d-f93ac76038d6.jpg

woodbridge_horse_show_2022_3_by_overread_df4r6uq-fullview.jpg

woodbridge_horse_show_2022_10_by_overread_df4r76f-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
These are great! Those draft horses are awesome, built so differently than the jumpers aren't they? I love these Suffolk Punches, have never heard of this breed. :heartpump:

Great action shots with those jumpers. It looks like a great time.

I'm happy the shows are back and you're able to get out again. Keep 'em coming!

Many thanks all :)

These are great! Those draft horses are awesome, built so differently than the jumpers aren't they? I love these Suffolk Punches, have never heard of this breed. :heartpump:

Great action shots with those jumpers. It looks like a great time.

I'm happy the shows are back and you're able to get out again. Keep 'em coming!

Yep they are totally different beasts. I didn't get too many of the Suffolk Punches sadly, walking and such is still an area I have to make a lot of improvement on. I also learned that shooting big heavy horses head-on at a distance doesn't really work - they look wrong in photos that way (or at least the way I wound up taking a few shots).

However side on
woodbridge_horse_show_2022_14_by_overread_df4vt4x-fullview.jpg

woodbridge_horse_show_2022_13_by_overread_df4vt3k-fullview.jpg

Great set. 4 and 5 are classic.

Yep, I'm slowly working toward trying to get it so that I time my shots for just about that moment in the jump. It was even more challenging on that day as they weren't jumping super high so the amount of time they were in the air going "up" was very limited. Heck some jumps the horses were more stepping over than jumping.

Most reactions

Back